This is a UML class diagram example for the prototype design pattern.
Create objects based upon a template of an existing objects through cloning.
- Composition, creation, and representation of objects should be decoupled from a system.
- Classes to be created are specified at runtime.
- A limited number of state combinations exist in an object.
- Objects or object structures are required that are identical or closely resemble other existing objects or object structures.
- The initial creation of each object is an expensive operation.