Once you have downloaded Visual Paradigm installer, execute it, run through the installation to install Visual Paradigm. If you are using the InstallFree version, you just need to unzip it and run Visual Paradigm directly. In this article, we will go through the installation of Visual Paradigm both with installer (.exe) and InstallFree (.zip).
Using installer (.exe)
- Execute the downloaded Visual Paradigm installer file. The setup wizard appears as below.
- Click Next to proceed to the License Agreement page.
- Read through the license agreement carefully. Make sure you accept the terms before continuing with the installation. If you accept the agreement, select I accept the agreement and click Next to proceed to the Select Destination Directory page.
- Specify the directory for installing Visual Paradigm. Click Next to proceed to the next page.
- Specify the name of the Start Menu folder that will be used to store the shortcuts. Keep Create shortcuts for all users checked if you want the shortcut to be available in all the user accounts in the machine. Click Next to proceed.
- In the File Association page, keep Visual Paradigm Project (*.vpp) checked if you want your system able to open the project file upon direct execution (i.e. double click). Click Next to start the file copying process.
- Upon finishing, you can select whether to start Visual Paradigm or not. Keep Visual Paradigm selected and click Finish will run Visual Paradigm right away.
Using InstallFree version (.zip)
Decompress the downloaded zip file into a directory. This creates a subdirectory named “Visual Paradigm 15.1″ where 15.1 is the version number. That’s it. To start Visual Paradigm, execute Visual Paradigm 15.1\Visual Paradigm.exe.
Question: What is the difference between Installer and InstallFree?
Answer: Installer creates shortcuts and menus in your system, enabling you to start Visual Paradigm faster and easier. InstallFree is a pre-packed Visual Paradigm installation that can be run directly once de-compressed (no further setup required). We suggest users to use the Installer version for long term usage, while InstallFree is good for evaluation and testing purposes.
Question: I cannot complete the installation due to a file is missing when copying files. What can I do?
Answer: This can be caused by a corrupted installer file. Please download the installer file again with a different mirror site and run it again to solve the problem.
Question: I cannot start the application after installing the software. What can I do?
Answer: There are several possible causes of the problem. If you are sure that your installation was completed, contact Visual Paradigm‘s support team for assistance. Please include the vp.log file in %APPDATA%\VisualParadigm\ (e.g. C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\VisualParadigm\vp.log) as well.
Question: The installer file is detected to contain a virus. What can I do?
Answer: Our installer files are all packed by ourselves in a secure environment and are scanned for virus before releasing to public. If a virus is detected, please update to the latest virus definition first. After that, we recommend you to perform a full system scan, download the installer file from our official site and run the installation again. If the problem remains, please contact us or the virus scanner vendor for assistance.