Glossary grid is a table where you can identify specific glossary term. In addition, you can define aliases and enter description for the glossary term. With Visual Paradigm, you can categorize the terms by defining and assigning label(s) to them.
Creating the Glossary Grid
To create a glossary, select Modeling > Glossary from the toolbar.
The overview of Glossary Grid
|1||Name||The name of this Glossary Grid.|
|2||Scope||The location to look for the terms to list in grid. By default, terms are found from the whole project. You can change to find terms from specific model or package, or to find only terms right at the root level. You can also restrict the scope to all diagrams, to within a specific diagram or to all terms that has not been visualized in any diagram.|
|3||Filter||Apply filter to grid content. Text entered here is matched against the Name property of terms listed in grid. terms that do not contain the entered text in their name are hidden.|
|4||Include Referenced Projects||Check it to list also terms in referenced projects, in Glossary Grid.|
|5||Font Size||Click to adjust the font size of text in Glossary Grid.|
|6||Configure Grid||Click to show/hide the grid configuration panel, which allows you to enter the name of grid, the model element to be listed in grid, the scope and to apply filter to grid content.|
|7||New Term||Click to create a term.|
|8||Open Term Editor||Select a term in Glossary Grid and click this button to open the term editor for editing it.|
|9||Open Specification…||Select a term in Glossary Grid and click this button to open its specification.|
|10||Show View…||Select a term in Glossary Grid and click this button to list the diagrams that contains the view of the selected term.|
|11||Visualize…||Select a term in Glossary Grid and click this button to show it in a new or existing diagram.|
|12||Add Label to Selected Term(s)||Select a term in Glossary Grid and click this button to add labels to it.|
|13||Manage Label…||Click to add/edit/delete labels.|
|14||Configure Columns…||Click to select the property(ies) of terms to be listed in the grid, as columns.|
|15||Refresh||Click to refresh the grid content by showing the most updated information of terms listed.|
|16||Export to Excel||Click to export grid content to Excel file.|
|17||Import from Excel||Click to import grid content from exported Excel file.|
|18||List of terms||Terms are listed here.|
|19||Search||Find term(s) by entering search criteria.|
|20||Clear||Click to clear the text entered in Search box.|
Creating term in Glossary Grid
To create a term in Glossary Grid:
- Click on New Term above the Glossary Grid.
- Enter the name of term.
- Press Enter to confirm editing.
Organizing terms with labels
You can categorize the terms by defining and assigning label(s) to them.
- Click on Manage Label… at the top of the Glossary Grid.
- In the Manage Label window, click Add….
- In the Glossary Label Specification window, enter the name of label and give it a unique color.
- Click OK to confirm editing.
Adding label to a term
- Select the desired term in the Glossary Grid.
- Click the + button under the Labels column.
Note: If the Labels column doesn’t appear, click Configure columns…, open the Properties tab and select it under the Others folder.
- Select the label(s) to add to the term and click >.
- Click OK to apply and return to the Glossary Grid.
Listing terms by their label
- Click on Configure Grid… at the top of the Glossary Grid.
- Under the drop down menu Scope, select With Label….
- In the Scope window, select the label to be included into the scope.
- Click OK to confirm and return to the Glossary Grid. From now on, only terms that contain the selected labels will be listed in the grid.