You can write plug-in for executing user-defined actions in Visual Paradigm. Generally, plug-in runs when Visual Paradigm starts. However, you can also run a plug-in without starting Visual Paradigm.
To run a plug-in without starting Visual Paradigm:
- Browse the scripts folder under the Visual Paradigm installation directory. For Mac users, you can find the scripts folder in the Visual Paradigm package by right clicking on it and then selecting Show Package Contents. Then look in Contents\Resources\app\scripts for the scripts folder.
- Copy the script file Plugin and paste to the bin folder of Visual Paradigm installation directory.
- Start the command prompt.
- Navigate to the bin folder of Visual Paradigm installation directory.
- Execute the script by supplying the required parameters. For example:
Plugin.bat -project “C:\Demo\Demo.vpp” -pluginid “sample.plugin” Below is a description of parameters:
|-pluginid||The ID of the plugin you want to run. It’s the id defined in the <plugin>, in plugin.xml.||“sample.plugin”|
|-pluginargs||Optional arguments of plugin.|