Business rule grid is a table with business rules listed in it. It allows you to access all business rules in a project or diagram, lookup and create business rule.
Creating business rule grid
- Select Diagram > New from the application toolbar.
- In the New Diagram window, select Business Rule Grid.
- Click Next.
- Enter the diagram name and description. The Location field enables you to select a model to store the diagram.
- Click OK.
The overview of Business Rule Grid
|1||Name||The name of this Business Rule Grid.|
|2||Model Element||Change the type of model element to be listed in grid. Although Business Rule is selected by default, you may change it to other types.|
|3||Scope||The location to look for the business rules to list in grid. By default, business rules are found from the whole project. You can change to find use cases from specific model or package, or to find only business rules right at the root level. You can also restrict the scope to all diagrams, to within a specific diagram or to all business rules that has not been visualized in any diagram.|
|4||Filter||Apply filter to grid content. Text entered here is matched against the Name property of business rules listed in grid. Business rules that do not contain the entered text in their name are hidden.|
|5||Include Referenced Projects||Check it to list also business rules in referenced projects, in Business Rule Grid.|
|6||Font Size||Click to adjust the font size of text in Business Rule Grid.|
|7||Configure Grid||Click to show/hide the grid configuration panel, which allows you to enter the name of grid, the model element to be listed in grid, the scope and to apply filter to grid content.|
|8||New Business Rule||Click to create a business rule.|
|9||Open Rule Editor||Select a business rule in Business Rule Grid and click this button to open the rule editor.|
|10||Open Specification…||Select a business rule in Business Rule Grid and click this button to open its specification.|
|11||Show View…||Select a business rule in Business Rule Grid and click this button to list the diagrams that contains the view of the selected business rule.|
|12||Visualize…||Select a business rule in Business Rule Grid and click this button to show it in a new or existing diagram.|
|13||Configure Columns…||Click to select the property(ies) of business rules to be listed in the grid, as columns.|
|14||Refresh||Click to refresh the grid content by showing the most updated information of business rules listed.|
|15||Export to Excel||Click to export grid content to Excel file.|
|16||Import from Excel||Click to import grid content from exported Excel file.|
|17||List of business rules||Business rules are listed here.|
|18||Search||Find business rule(s) by entering search criteria.|
|19||Clear||Click to clear the text entered in Search box.|
Creating business rule in Business Rule Grid
To create a business rule in Business Rule Grid:
- Click on New Business Rule above the Business Rule Grid.
- Enter the name of business rule.
- Press Enter to confirm editing.
- To enter the details of business rule, right click on the new business rule and select Open Rule Editor from the pop-up menu.
- In Business Rule Editor, enter name and rule for the newly created business rule.
Highlight a word which you want to create to be a fact and select Create Fact from the pop-up menu.
Highlight a word which you want to create to be a term and select Create Term from the pop-up menu.
Adding new tag to business rules in grid
Visual Paradigm supports the use tagged values in specifying additional properties for business rules. To create a tag to business rules in Business Rule Grid:
- Right click on the column header at the top of a grid and select Add Tagged Value Column… from the popup menu.
- Enter the tag name in the Input dialog box and click OK to confirm.
- You will see a new column appear in the last column of the grid.
- Now, you can double click on a cell in that column to enter the value of the property (tag). When and only when you have entered a value, a tag will be added into that specific business rule. Note that once a tag is added, you cannot remove the tag by clearing the cell content. If you want to remove the tag, you have to do it in the specification window of the rule.