What is BPMN?
BPMN allows us to capture and document business processes of an organization in a clear and consistent way, that ensures relevant stakeholders, such as, process owners and business users are involved in the process. Thus, the team can response to any issues identified in the processes more effectively. BPMN provide comprehensive and yet rich notations that can easily be understood by both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Benefits of BPMN
- An industry standard developed by the OMG consortium, a not-for-profit industry group
- Provides businesses with the capability of defining and understanding their procedures through Business Process Diagrams
- To provide a standard notation that is readily understandable by all business stakeholders
- To bridge the communication gap that frequently occurs between business process design and implementation
- Simple to learn yet powerful enough to depict the potential complexities of a business process
- Vendor neutral with wide tools support
We divide the BPMN notation guide into four parts which provides:
- An introduction to the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). The basics of the BPMN notation will be described – that is, the types of graphical objects that comprise the notation and;
- How they work together as part of a Business Process Diagram.
- Also it illustrates how you can create and draw BPMN diagrams with Visual Paradigm.
- How to draw a BPMN Business Process Diagram
- Using BPMN Pool and Lane
- Using BPMN Task and Sub-Process
- Using BPMN Event
- Using BPMN Gateway
- Using BPMN Sequence and Message Flow
- Using BPMN Choreography Task and Sub-Process
- Using BPMN Data Object
- Adjusting caption’s position and angle in BPD
- Creating Use Cases from BPMN Tasks