Generation of ORM code and database can be done through the command line interface. To do this:
- Browse the scripts folder under the Visual Paradigm installation directory. For Mac users, you can find the scripts folder in the Visual Paradigm package by right clicking on it and then selecting Show Package Contents. Then look in Contents\Resources\app\scripts for the scripts folder.
- Copy the script file GenerateORM and paste to the bin folder of Visual Paradigm installation directory.
- Start the command prompt.
- Navigate to the bin folder of Visual Paradigm installation directory.
- Execute the script by supplying the required parameters. For example:
GenerateORM -project C:\Demo\Demo.vpp -out C:\Demo\Output -code -ddlBelow is a description of parameters:
Parameter Description Example -project Project path C:\Demo\Demo.vpp -out Folder for storing the generated files including the source code, required libraries and mapping XML C:\Demo\Output -db [optional] The type of database management system of the target database. When specifying this option, please enter the number of the corresponding database listed below.
2: MySQL 5.0.5
4: MS SQL Server
5: MS SQL Server 2008
8: Sybase ASE
9: Sybase SQL Anywhere
12: Derby 10.7
15: Ingres 10
1 -code [optional] Include to generate code. -code -ddl [optional] Include to export DDL -ddl -exportdb [optional] Include to export database -exportdb -dbmode [optional] The action that you want to execute upon your database. Here is a list of possible actions:
Note: If you are unable to get the execute success, try to open the project with Visual Paradigm, run once and save. The problem is likely to occur when some files required (e.g. dialet) are unknown due to never been defined in the project file.