You can import changes made externally in XML back to Visual Paradigm, to update the project data. In this chapter, you will see how to import an XML exported before. Notice that XML import is made in response to XML export in Visual Paradigm. Only XML exported from Visual Paradigmcan be imported.
Importing XML to current project
- Select Project > Import > XML… from the toolbar. This displays the Import XML window.
- Specify the file path of the XMI to import and configure the import if necessary.
- Click OK.Note: All changes made in project will be overwritten by data in XML. For example, if class Foo is renamed to Bar. By importing an XMI exported before renaming class, Bar will be renamed to Foo.
Importing XML to project with command line interface
To import XML to a project through command line:
- Browse the scripts folder under the Visual Paradigm installation directory. For Mac users, you can find the scripts folder in the Visual Paradigm package by right clicking on it and then selecting Show Package Contents. Then look in Contents\Resources\app\scripts for the scripts folder.
- Copy the script file ImportXML and paste to the bin folder of Visual Paradigm installation directory.
- Start the command prompt.
- Navigate to the bin folder of Visual Paradigm installation directory.
- Execute the script by supplying the required parameters. For example:
ImportXML -project C:\Demo\Demo.vpp -file C:\Demo\input\project.xmlBelow is a description of parameters:
Parameter Description Example -project Project path C:\Demo\Demo.vpp -file The filepath of the XML file to import C:\Demo\input\sample.xml
Note: All changes made in project will be overwritten by data in XML. For example, if class Foo is renamed to Bar. By importing an XML exported before renaming class, Bar will be renamed to Foo.