Phase G (Implementation and Governance) provides an architectural oversight of the implementation. It is here that all the information for successful management of the various implementation projects is brought together.
This Phase involves the following EA activities:
- Provide architectural oversight for the implementation.
- Defines architecture constraints on implementation projects
- Govern and manage an Architecture
- Contract Monitors implementation work for conformance
- Produce a Business Value Realization
The objectives of Phase G are to:
- Ensure conformance with the Target Architecture by implementation projects
- Perform appropriate Architecture Governance functions for the solution and any implementation-driven architecture Change Requests
This section defines the inputs to Phase G.
- Reference Materials External to the Enterprise
- Non-Architectural Inputs
- Architectural Inputs
The level of detail addressed in Phase G will depend on the scope and goals of the overall architecture effort.The order of the steps in Phase G as well as the time at which they are formally started and completed should be adapted to the situation at hand in accordance with the established Architecture Governance.
The steps in Phase G are as follows:
- Confirm Scope and Priorities for Deployment with Development Management
- Identify Deployment Resources and Skills
- Guide Development of Solutions Deployment
- Perform Enterprise Architecture Compliance Reviews
- Implement Business and IT Operations
- Perform Post-Implementation Review and Close the Implementation
The outputs of Phase G may include, but are not restricted to:
- Architecture Contract (signed), as recommended in the architecture-compliant implemented architectures
- Compliance Assessments
- Change Requests
- Architecture-compliant solutions deployed including: